Thursday, February 25, 2010

I need to increase my activity level!

I was remembering how active I was when I was in school, I swam, ran track, and played in the marching band. I remember I always felt great after working out or playing my sport even when i would wake up at 6 am to swim! Now that I'm older and have a family I don't really do much activity and I'm really starting to realize I need to be more active. I think it will help me feel better and have more energy! I used to go to the gym religiously but once I stopped I never found the drive to start going again. I want to take the 6 week Fit Camp class they have here, but I just can't see myself waking up at 4 (or 6) am to do boot camp style workouts. Maybe I should just buy a treadmill?? hmmm.... Although I must say we are a lot more active as a family now! Ever since Andy joined our family we have been taking him for daily mile walks around the trails here on base. He loves them and so do we! I don't know I just feel like I should be doing more than that.

Maybe I should start walking Gavin to school everyday, we only live a few blocks away, literally. In fact it's so close you can see it from the backyard. When he first started school I excitedly told myself (and everyone else) that I was going to walk him to and from school everyday, and I did!....  for about a day! I don't know, I guess driving to the school is just so much more convenient. Hmmmm...... Perhaps, when the weather gets warmer I'll try again! I wonder if I can bring Andy (our puppy) along for the walk???

No comments:

Post a Comment