Thursday, March 4, 2010

I can't get enough of this warm weather!

Today was such a beautiful day! The sun was shining and the weather was warm and breezy. When my husband got home from work we all went for a walk on the trail that winds around the neighborhoods. We do this 5-6 days out of the week because if Andy doesn't get out and go for a walk to burn off energy he will bark and play all night. LOL Usually we are rushing to get home because it's in the 40's, cold and windy.. but today was different! It felt so good to be outside, I think we must have walked close to 2 miles.. and it felt great! Once we got home my husband and I started talking about school and pcs opportunities while we were still standing in the driveway. Our kids got tired of waiting to go inside so they started digging around in the dirt and before I knew it we were rescuing displaced worms and playing soccer in our driveway and front yard! We even let Andy off his leash to join in the fun... the baby sat in her stroller excitedly yelling at everyone as she watched the ball go back and forth. It was the best time we've had outdoors in a while! Dare I say, it was "picture perfect". LOL I'm really looking forward to spending time as a family outdoors soaking up the beautiful spring weather. It will be our first spring having a dog so we are pretty excited about integrating him into our family games! We decided, since the weather is going to be nice this weekend, we are going to go to our local state park and walk some of the trails out there. We've never been to a state park so we are really excited to see all the wildlife in it's natural habitat and to see how our kids (and dog) are going to react to the deer and other wild animals running around the great outdoors! 

Well, goodnight bloggers I'm off to go find the camera so I can charge the battery! This weekend is going to be so much fun! I can't wait!

By the way, tomorrow is Friday Follow! Since I had a blast last week I'm going to join in the fun again tomorrow! YAY! (ok, I'm going to go now because I'm way too excited.. more so than I should be... ha ha) Goodnight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment