Monday, April 5, 2010

It's been a few weeks...

Well, our vacation went great! We got to see family and friends we haven't seen in months. i got some much needed childless one-on-one girl time with my favorite cousin,who is definitely more like a sister to me! During the week we visited a couple of beaches in Corpus and the surrounding area and we had a great time playing in the sand and walking in the water. My husband and I grew up around the Corpus Christi beaches so it wasn't too big of a deal to us but our kids are growing up on an Afb in a small not-much-to-do town and haven't ever seen the beach. They had so much fun they didn't want to leave!


This is the Rockport, Tx beach



This is Malaquite Beach in Corpus Christi, Tx










We also rode the ferry, it was their first time ever riding on the ferry. When I was little my Dad would take me on the ferry and I was excited to share that experience with my family! (even though it's only a short 5 minute ride)









While we were in Corpus we had a birthday party for our daughter because she turned the BIG 1 on March 16th!

A few days later we drove to San Antonio to visit more family! While we were there we had a second birthday party so the other half of our family would be able to join in the celebration too!

 

The next day we had all of our kids baptized. My parent's-in-law are both United Methodist pastors and they performed the ceremony oh and my brother-in-law delivered an awesome sermon! However, I only took a few pictures of the baby after the baptism and my father took the rest.. I'm still waiting for him to email them to me..

All in all, we had a wonderful (and much needed) vacation and we are already looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment